Knife set culinary school: these knives are a must
Did you apply to culinary school? Cool! You will need good knives. The basis is, according to us, a good three or four-piece set with the essentials: at least a chef's knife and a paring or utility knife. These are the knives you will need during your training. The real must-haves! You then complement them with other knives. As such you mix and match your own set, because, of course, every chef is different.
We start with the basics: your basis set. We made a list of five sets that contain the real essentials. Good knives for amazing prices. The list is followed by recommendations you can add to your set.
- 1In stock€54.00
- 2In stock€139.95
- 3In stock€69.95
- 4± 1 month€134.10
- 5Not available€98.95
If you have chosen your basis set you can start to add other essentials.This is mix & match, so you can decide for yourself which knives you will use and which you won't. We recommend the following:
- A vegetable knife and a peeler. With the Zwilling TWIN Grip Knife set 2 pieces you immediately own both.
- A pastry/bread knife. A real classic, because you can do a lot with it. Great for bread and cake, but you can also use it to cut fruit such as melons. The Victorinox Fibrox pastry/bread knife 26 cm 5.2933.26, for instance, is a great example.
- A filleting knife. The Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star Fillet knife 7" is one of our bestsellers. It feels great in hand.
- A boning knife. The Victorinox Fibrox boning knife 15 cm 5.6003.15 is simple but effective. The fibrox handle feels great in hand, even when your hands are wet.
- A honing or sharpening steel. These two are sometimes confused. You use a sharpening steel to sharpen your knife, and a honing steel to maintain the sharpness of that knife. In our topic you can read more about the differences. For the honing steels we recommend the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Honing steel 10". And if you are looking for a sharpening steel, you could consider the Skerper Basic ceramic sharpening steel, 24.5 cm, SH003. Because it is a ceramic steel it won't remove as much material as a diamond-coated sharpening steel. As such you make sure your knives stay sharp, without removing too much material every single time.
- You probably also need to take your knives with you to school. The Due Cigni FODF9 knife bag for 9 knives is the perfect solution. It has enough room for nine knives. So perfect for your basis set and all your mix & match extras!