Digiscoping with your smartphone
Digiscoping with your smartphone? You're probably thinking: digi-what? Digiscoping is the simple action of connecting a camera to your binoculars. In this case: the camera of your smartphone. This way, you bring everything you see with your binoculars to your smartphone's screen. You basically create your own telephoto lens. Turn on the camera of your smartphone and take amazing photographs and videos. Binoculars enable you to see, but thanks to this combination you can also capture whatever you are looking at! To make it even easier, Swarovski has some handy gadgets.
Swarovski VPA variable phone adapter
New in our range is The Swarovski VPA variable phone adapter. Incredibly practical if you're just starting out with digiscoping. You can easily attach your smartphone to the adapter thanks to the practical sliding and locking system. The smartphone adapter was designed to fit most Swarovski binoculars: the CL Companion, EL, EL Range and SLC binoculars. The VPA is also compatible with other brands of binoculars, from 8x32 and up.
The Swarovski VPA variable phone adapter is an all-round adapter suitable for iOS and Android devices, such as: Samsung, Huawei, iPhone (excluding iPhone 4), HTC, LG and Google P smartphone models. Please note: the adapter ring for binoculars is sold separately.
How does digiscoping work?
- Click your smartphone into the Swarovski VPA adapter
- Screw the adapter ring onto the VPA
- Attach the whole to your binoculars
- Turn on the camera of your smartphone, and you are good to go
Advantages of digiscoping
- Observing and recording what is happening at a distance.
- An all-in-one solution, because it is cheaper, easier and lighter than using a single-lens reflex camera with telephoto lens.
- You can immediately see the images you capture on your smartphone and share them with the rest of the world.
Digiscoping is an incredibly innovative way to observe the world around you. With the right products and a lot of practice you will be amazed by the remarkable results.